Search form

Computer Game Frame Rate

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Computer Game Frame Rate

This might be outside of every knowledge, I would like to hear about why
computer games run at 60 frames per second or greater.

My only thought is that there is so much going on under the hood, the high frame rate is needed to keep the appearance smooth.

there is really no need for it. before the ps3 and 360 came out only pc games fell under the category of selling tech. instead of games, but now there all selling tech with the exception of nintendo. there all more interested in selling the latest tech or saying how much horse power something uses.

than actual games

there is really no need for it. before the ps3 and 360 came out only pc games fell under the category of selling tech. instead of games, but now there all selling tech with the exception of nintendo. there all more interested in selling the latest tech or saying how much horse power something uses.

than actual games

I see your point but I think I am going to start reading the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) forums. I have seen interviews with leading industry game developers who comment about the frame rate but they never go into much detail.

It feels like I am spending all my time reading forums and watch clip, maybe I need to cut back on watch animation and do more.

I just heard that even the hand held devices have a 60 fps rate.

but what are the hand helds hoping to prove. that there just as strong as the pc or console game running at 60. its all about the tech and how strong the tech is.

do you know how most games are introduced now. the developer will start off by pointing out a list of tech the game is using. before stating what the game is actually about. the game is very much secondary to the tech its using

but what are the hand helds hoping to prove. that there just as strong as the pc or console game running at 60. its all about the tech and how strong the tech is.

do you know how most games are introduced now. the developer will start off by pointing out a list of tech the game is using. before stating what the game is actually about. the game is very much secondary to the tech its using

Currently I am reviewing G4tv videos, maybe someone there has expanded on your point. It will be a week before I can say anything about that source.

It just feels like there is something more too it than just bragging rights. When it come to tech, people like me can not be sure what is going on. Does anyone remember the Progressive versus the Interlace advertisements.

My understanding of that is that Interlace is superior in use of bandwidth and appearance. The comment about Interlace having a better appearance come form some books on photography.

The quest for knowledge goes on.