Search form

Please check out my PILOT for Canada's Teletoon 2011 Pilot Project

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please check out my PILOT for Canada's Teletoon 2011 Pilot Project

Hello! I am a recent graduate trying to get a cartoon inspired by my childhood stuffed animals and their personalities on Canadian television!

Here is my youtube link to my videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnowyBearWasHere?feature=mhee

If you like it, please vote it up on the teletoonatnight.com website > pilot project (left banner) > Antarctica (my most recent upload)

You lost me when you dropped in the Pulp Fiction rip off. That sequence is about a third of the pilot. Is that going to be part of the show's idea where they make film references? If so, there should be several shorter references, rather than one looooong one. Or maybe there were, and I didn't pick up on them. I was liking the conversation at the cafe untill that part came up. It was a bit all over the place and I did have to sit through 3 minutes of "huh?" to finally get to the part where I find out what the show's about. I'm not expecting you to change any of this, but it is just what I see. Maybe you can use some of this to help on the next pilot you do. Also, it's cute that you have "... Procrastinated by" in the credits, but If I'm a studio looking to hire a creator and his show, knowing that everything he produces is going to be late and/or rushed is not going to win me over.

Good luck on the contest.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I feel much the same way about the clip. The good news is that you are putting yourself out there.

thanks for the support!

Thanks for your valuable insight! this is my first real try at animation, as i have never made a student film/demo reel or worked in a studio. What I do have is countless hours of industry research, and me at home doing online tutorials and working with Richard William's "The Animator's Survival Kit". The plot line itself was my attempt to showcase the fast paced comedy style and edginess of my characters, as the series is positioned as a character driven comedy that is quick to deliver parodies on modern events (the contest itself, raywilliamjohnson's =3 youtube channel, the game portal 2), unafraid to spend time on niche markets for nostalgic references (pulp fiction), and making music fun and bearable for a mature target demographic (o fortuna parody, beatbox with instrument).

I hope my efforts did not alienate industry professionals such as studio producers, animators, etc. In my attempt to win over a audience of my target demographic peers. :P Once again thank you soooo much for your input as every bit of advice I get will help me make this dream that much more realistic and better.