Search form

Stretching My Legs

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stretching My Legs

After being in bouncing ball mode, for like forever, I am going to work on a scene.

My idea involves dancing, which is something I do not do. I am thinking about talking to a dancing teacher to work out the positions of the character. There might be some chance that the teacher might wont me to take lessons but I really do not wont to. On the other hand, I do wont the dance to look at its best.

Do I need to dive in or will notes on the key poses be enough?

What sort of dance - ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom, contemporary? :D

Maybe see if you can observe a couple of classes, to get a feel for the movement in real life. Video and photo reference is always helpful. Keep in mind the shapes that dancers make with their silhouettes. Lines run from the end of the fingers on one hand, up the arm, across the collarbones, down the other arm, and right to the end of the fingers on the other hand.

I made this for a class assignment, my first drawn animation test of the year. And after I'd handed it in, realised I really needed a lot more follow-through. I hit the poses OK, but the dancer just kind of "hit the wall" and stopped there. Ah well, live and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL6l9jm1UqU

Good luck! :D

What sort of dance - ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom, contemporary? :D

Good luck! :D

Those are all close guesses but I will need a waltz. The waltz will have to be choreographed to the music so I am thinking this project will take most of the summer.

Your dance was 16 seconds and it look excellent but mine will be over 90 seconds. I am thinking that I will also need to do some type of a scene setting piece and I hope that it will be very short. Over 2,000 frames but my thinking is that of my ideas would run at about that length.

So I should start a storyboard in May, while learn the waltz, and have an animatic by June. I know for sure that roughs pass should not start before the animatic.

Focus on the storyboard for now and the waltz.