Search form

Academic Portfolio Question

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Academic Portfolio Question

Hi all!

I'm currently preparing a portfolio to apply to several animation schools. My question is whether work should typically be mounted or if this would actually cause trouble during the review process. I'll be attending Portfolio Day this weekend, and I know they say not to mount work -- but I wasn't sure if this was more as a money-saving measure or if this is a standard practice for life drawing portfolios. I realize the work should speak for itself, but presentation seems like it would be, to some degree, also important....not sure though.

Thought it would be nice to get opinions and perhaps hear from those who have gone through the application process.

Thanks!!!
-Cat

Don't mount the work.
If they request that you don't, then don't.
They want to see if you can draw, they are not looking for a snazzy presentation.

A portfolio review is really only to establish if the prospective student will be able to handle the assignments in the curriculum.
Very, very few schools screen portfolios as a requisite for admission to a programme, because its otherwise like turning away paying customers.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)