Search form

Animal Life Drawings

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animal Life Drawings

Hi there,

I have a bunch of animal life drawings from my blog I wanted to share. They are mostly from trips to the zoo I took this spring and last. Thanks!

http://thealmontree.blogspot.com/p/animal-life-drawings.html

Claire

Jan 31 2011 Update:

Just added a few sketches of some cats drawn from life over the past several weeks. Hope you enjoy and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.

Feb 2011 Update:

Added sketches from the zoo this past weekend. Feel free to follow my blog :-)

March 2011 Update:

Hey! I also have quite a few figure drawings up on my blog too if you want to take a look. They're from the ASIFA Atlanta weekly figure drawing sessions. http://thealmontree.blogspot.com/

CAlmon's picture
AlmonTree

AlmonTree

You have some great poses and they all look like speed drawings. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,

Yes, they were all done very speedily because I was drawing them as they were walking around in their zoo enclosures. Elephants never stay still when you need them to. Thanks for commenting!

Claire

AlmonTree

Wow, lovely sketches! There's bulk, and weight, and fluidity, and beautiful lines :)

Thanks, Rach3! I'm glad you like them!

Claire

AlmonTree

I love your drawings.

I see some one really loves to draw.......great work on your blog I'll have to come back and look more often

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the positive feedback on my life drawings!

-Claire

AlmonTree

Wondeful!

Hi, CAlmon
I like your blog and wonderful picture, the elephants, the rhinos, the lions, warthogs, and a giant bird and so on. They are so vivid, and i also like the animals,. I'm looking forward to enjoying your more interesting things. :)

Thanks, I'm glad you like my drawings. When the weather warms up a little I will be sure to post more.

AlmonTree

Hi Claire,

I agree with all of the above, really nice and fluid drawings and I particularily like your drawing style... you really go to the point with a good eyes for the most important shapes... and you are really sober in the details (less is more) :D. Really good work frankly.

I enjoy it

Joël

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can go back to the zoo and make some more drawings.

AlmonTree