PDI/DreamWorks has an opening for a Crowds Artist at our Redwood City, CA location. This is a full time, permanent position that will start in April.
* Simulating crowds using an inhouse cycle-based simulator
* Distributing cycle animation onto static crowds received from our layout department
* Writing simulation rules to control specific crowd actions
* Ability to identify and help solve problems in crowd cycles, simulations, and renders
* An enthusiasm about crowds
* General scripting (e.g. c-shell, Python, Perl, Mel)
* 6 months experience using 3d-software such as Maya, Houdini, or XSI
* Must have professional experience using Massive
* Experience working with cycle animation or motion capture data is a plus
To apply, please send your resume as an attachment and in the body of an email to: email@example.com. Please use "Crowds - YOUR NAME" as the subject line of your email.