Search form

Check out my Flash cartoon for Fractured Atlas!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Check out my Flash cartoon for Fractured Atlas!

Thanks!

What is Fractured Atlas?

Hope you like it.

cartoonchaos's picture
Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

Overall, I think it's really good. If you're looking for areas to improve, I made some notes but if it's final, I'd say well done!

I love the character design. The artist is very appealing. Color palette and sets look great. I think the biggest challenge is integrating the photographs into the Flash so there isn't quite such a stark contrast. Perhaps some type of framing element. And the velvet ropes should be easy to recreate in flash.

I think the voice over was a little slow which makes the animation seem a little slow - not sure what you can do about that.

Some moments looked static and could use some animation - the planets (stars twinkling, planets moving a little), the curtain could have more of a curve to it, and the text is very generic and you might use a softer color.

The Fractured Atlas logo looks pixelated, either get an EPS or recreate it so it looks crisp and you can make it a little bigger.

My animation critique would be the people walking in come in at the same speed but some legs are moving a lot faster than others. The folks on stage just nod their heads not bend at the waist.

That's it, congrats.

Thanks for the critique, but....

I have a confession.

I totally threw that together over the last weekend and i'm trying to win a Wacom Intuos. Just after views, haha! Total rush job. And elements are pre-animated sprites from the website.

Thanks for watching though... everybody watch! and watch again! :)