DreamWorks Animation currently has an opening for a Lighting Technical Assistant at our Glendale, CA studio. This is an entry level position that will expose you to the lighting pipeline and many aspects of the overall studio production pipeline. The lighting TA will support a given lighting team to help facilitate lead lighter setup. This position takes direction from the CG Supervisor and/or lead lighters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical testing of new environments or assets to determine any upstream setup problems before lighting production
- Communication with the Lighting Technical Directors to help improve processes and workflow.
- Organize and execute data to help optimize lighting rigs, such as baking out UV-based bounce or exposure maps
- Follow-up with other departments while troubleshooting issues until a resolution is reached
- Work in a compositing package to generate image mattes for post production.
- Test new software maps and/or features as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Experience with the unix/linux environment
- 2D/3D graphics software knowledge a plus
- A mix of production experience as well as some experience with scripting/programming in Python, Perl, MEL and/or C/C++ a plus.
- Preferably a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
To apply, send your resume as an attachment to: jobs(at)dreamworks.com. Please use "Lighting TA - YOUR NAME" as the subject line of your email.