Search form

drawing tablets and animation

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
drawing tablets and animation

Just a quick query.....

I got my first drawing tablet yesterday, the wacom intuos4. I am very impressed with it and spent all day yesterday playing with it, sketching and digital painting.

Today I decided to go about a few animation tests in flash. Obviously oinion skinning was super and I was zipping through walks and run cycles and it was all good for rough animation and timing but I was wondering is there any easier way to control the paint brush within flash?

If anyone has any suggestions on technique in flash or another program that would allow me to classically animate with the drawing tablet and give me quality control over the line with the benefits of onion skin.

I was thinking about rigging a character in flash cs4, animating it and then drawing over each frame to give it that classical effect or animate in 3d and again rotascoping in flash with drawing tablet.

anything to tickle my brain would be deadly!

It's not the tablet, it's Flash. Flashes paint brush is pretty lame. Not a whole lot of control. If you want a consistent line, use the line or pencil tool instead of the brush. Then convert the lines to fills after.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."