We are currently hiring Hair/Cloth Developers and Hair/Cloth Shot Artists at our two locations - Glendale, CA and Redwood City, CA. These positions will start in the Spring.
* Designs and creates character effects such as cloth and fur simulations
* Develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline.
* Creates cloth simulation, animation and finaling animation for shot work in production.
* Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
* Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
* Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
* Technical Animation for shots in production
* Cloth and Fur simulations
* Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
* Strong knowledge of Maya. Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques preferred.
* Dynamic simulation background preferred.
* Scripting proficiency in Mel and Perl.
* Good problem-solving abilities.
* Strong communication skills.
* Production experience.
* Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
To apply, please send your resume, reel and reel breakdown to the address below.
1800 Seaport Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Attn: Character FX
OR email your resume, reel breakdown and link to your online reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "CFX- YOUR NAME" as the subject line of your email.