Search form

Plymptoons

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Plymptoons

After watching b'ini animation, I saw a comment about another animation by a different person. At the end of that clip there was a credit to Bill Plympton and his students. Students...I did not know that Plympton was teaching so I went to his web site.

I have no idea if Bill Plympton is teaching in a class room but I did see that there are large number of time-lapse clips. They show him animating a new feature movie and you can see him do his work live, week days between 10 and 5.

So there lesson I learned here is, pay attention to credits.

Hi Wontobe ... yes, indeed, Bill has been teaching and I was lucky enough to attend his workshop.

Ya know my "Young Man and the Sea" animation in Show and Tell ... well that was my project for "Bill Plympton's University of Animation". It ran for 14 weeks from Sept-Dec. We met one day a week for 2 hours in Plymptoons studio in NYC. Bill was incredibly generous with his time and knowledge. If he has another session I highly recommend it!

This is a good reminder for me to add a "Thank you" to Bill and my fellow students because their input was invaluable.

Bill is offering another workshop starting this month.

check out his website www.plymptoons.com

ANIMATION CLASS WITH BILL PLYMPTON
Due to popular demand, Bill is hosting a second semester of his School of Animation, at his studio in Manhattan, on Monday nights, beginning January 18. This is an intense 10-week course, focusing on the secrets of animation production with an award-winning and Oscar-nominated director. This is a rare chance to learn the tricks of design, layouts, storyboards, writing, humor, directing, and editing, and also the business of animation: budgets, funding, selling, festivals, publicity and distribution.