Search form

Need guidance with going fulltime freelance

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need guidance with going fulltime freelance

hi

i am completly directionless regarding freelancing .... as far as i have researched online i have some clue abt 2d freelancing nd that too only U.S. specific, can anybody shed some more light on it.... like do ppl freelance across oceans ..... if so how to contact em ... hw to network ... wat to be lookout for in online freelancing ..... as far as my background goes i m into 3d animation.

p.s. if all the above is already discussed .... my apologies.....
cheers
Mandeep

Doing freelance work is just a matter of finding and applying for jobs and seeing if they will work with someone in a remote location, usually via telecommuting.

I have done work for clients in Europe, and recently Australia, and I live in Canada.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Freelancing is not something you just jump into. You need to build up a pool of contacts and build your reputation in the community. If you haven't been freelancing on the side while working full time someplace else, I wouldn't recommend you becoming a full time freelancer.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

there are lot's of site related to freelance work.
make your reel and start applying .

hi

ken sir u have by far given the best simplified defination for freelancing......

@ animated ape well i was kinda in a fix to over that to go all out or not thanks for ur comments on that.....

@kumarmator thanks for comment......

now here it goes all i have comprehended nd the master plan and please do add wat u think is missing...

demo reel
website
listing wat i have to offer
contact all online forums
mail studios (well i m not quite clear hw to contact them)
call studios

thats all i kinda go blank right about here hehe

cheers
Mandeep

There's a certain amount of stress associated with freelance that has to be considered. Some people thrive on it, do well with impossible deadlines, enjoy the freedom of not being tied to one job or company while others hate the uncertainty of the "next job". When you're starting out you have to balance marketing yourself with actually working. You have to be able to survive the "dry" periods of no work/no pay.

I much prefer the stability of a full time job but I have done freelance and may face doing it again. I don't like it but I can do it. I thought of freelance as the stuff you do before you find a full time position.