Search form

What should I expect from my agent/representation?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What should I expect from my agent/representation?

Hi, hello. I am relatively new to all of this, but I have started my own studio and things started strong, but have been tapering down. My studio is MoreFrames (www.moreframes.com). We broke out with a few music videos which have been rather successful both online and at festival. Since that however, we haven't got much of anything. We have had multiple "interested parties" but nothing seems to pan out.

Our representation is more practiced representing in the music industry, and since it seemed like music videos were going to be our thing that seemed to be a fine fit. I don't know how long things usually take, and I know not to expect to have tons of work right away, but it has been 3 months and we have had no work. We depend on this to survive, and we are not going to make it much longer if we don't start getting jobs.

We are open to all work, advertising through television, even design, graphic design, illustration... My question is, is it normal for jobs to be so scarce? or, is it probably my representation not delivering for lack of experience in this area? are there other outlets or options we should pursue?

Objectively, our work is very strong, our turn-around is good and our rates are cheap, so I don't understand it. I know the economy is in a slump and all, but still... I appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks.

-adam calfee

Yes it's normal. In fact, it would be abnormal if your studio constantly had work, especially being a new studio. If your rep is a music rep, you are severely limiting your options. You should get another rep that specializes in animation in addition to your music rep.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hi my name is Eric Morcomb

I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions for my History of animation class. I would greatly appreciate it my email is emorco08@yahoo.com
-Eric