Search form

Success story...I made it in!! :) Thank you all!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Success story...I made it in!! :) Thank you all!

YEARS ago I joined this board looking for information about breaking into animation and schools and just as a place to meet some industry folks. (I see that I last came to the forum here on 4/22/2006)

I got some great advice from people here and it really helped me focus in on what I wanted to do.

At the age of 24, I ended up going to Ringling College of art and Design, worked my ass off, and completed my 4 year degree in the Department of Computer Animation.

In May of this year I finished my thesis. Had some interviews and was fortunate to have gotten a few job offers ironically for different disciplines.

I'm happy to report that I'm now a surfacing artist at DreamWorks Animation in Glendale, CA and I love my job!

So thank you to everyone that helped me out along the way, thanks to Dan for running the site, and Larry, Ed, and many others.

Here's my website where you can view my thesis short film. Thanks Again.
http://www.ghett.com
also on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twIz-jM3x84

hett15's picture
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

That's Great!!!

I am a new member here. I've joined this forum because I want to become a better animator, and have a place that I can share my thoughts and ask questions. I hope that my story is also as successful as yours.

Congratulations. Check your mail for instructions on where to send our consulting fees... ;)

Nice to hear that success still happens in the animation biz! Thanks for sharing... now get us all real jobs... :p

Congrats!

Nothing, not even talent beats passion. When you have both- you are on your way- enjoy the ride.

Congratulations!

Heh, now comes the big lesson:

The hard part isn't getting in, its staying in.

Congrats and good luck.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

The hard part isn't getting in, its staying in.

Yep - the hardest job to land is the first one. The second hardest is every one after that... ;)