Search form

SEK ! i didnt know they were in NORTH Korea

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SEK ! i didnt know they were in NORTH Korea

... did all of you lot?

didnt think N Korea had animation happening, good news to hear.

*lol* The studio where I work just outsourced part of the show we're doing to Asia and SEK got to do a test ep. When the ep came back (looking like crap, by the way), I was very surprised to learn they're in North Korea, too.

yeah, totally shocking isnt it... didnt think the Kims could pull together an animation studio... its a behemoth too 1500 people... i bet they get paid in kim chi or something...

there must be some serious hard currency being generated by them.

Jab, is your show 2d or Flash?

Well, to me Flash is technically 2D. I started as a cleanup & compositing guy working only in Flash, tracing, colouring and putting together somebody else's rough pencil animation. Now I do that but I also share the actual animation workload of an ep with another colleague. They set up some stylistic rules for the show. For example, use of tweening is to be kept at an absolute minimum to avoid the mechanically smooth cut-out look Flash is known for. You could say we use Flash, but it's basically traditional animation done digitally. I usually animate drawing the rough animation on a Cintiq or on paper when the action is a little more complicated.

Well, to me Flash is technically 2D. I started as a cleanup & compositing guy working only in Flash, tracing, colouring and putting together somebody else's rough pencil animation. Now I do that but I also share the actual animation workload of an ep with another colleague. They set up some stylistic rules for the show. For example, use of tweening is to be kept at an absolute minimum to avoid the mechanically smooth cut-out look Flash is known for. You could say we use Flash, but it's basically traditional animation done digitally. I usually animate drawing the rough animation on a Cintiq or on paper when the action is a little more complicated.

thats exactly how we work too.. just use Flash as a cheap digitizing and I&P tool..

its a behemoth too 1500 people... i bet they get paid in kim chi or something...

Do you say that because Indian animators are paid in curry or naan bread?

Do you say that because Indian animators are paid in curry or naan bread?

i say that because everything i have heard about North Korea tells me that the guys are more or less getting peanuts for their efforts while the hard currency they earn is spent on Hennesy..