Search form

Where can I find kneaded erasers?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where can I find kneaded erasers?

I keep reading about how kneaded erasers are good to use when your drawing. But I can't find them in stores like Office Depot or Staples. So where can I find them? I live in Los Angeles. Just in case somebody knows of a store that's only in LA.

At the risk of sounding insulting........have you checked the Yellow Pages under "art supplies"? C'mon, that's not hard!
A quick check of the on-line resource shows there's 115 entries for art supplies in the Los Angeles city listings.

A quick search on "kneaded erasers" via Alta Vista, shows there's the famous Dick Blick:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/design-kneaded-rubber-eraser/?wmcp=yahoo&wmcid=SiteSubmitProducts&wmckw=Design+Kneaded+Rubber+Eraser

..and they have stores in the Los Angeles area.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

At the risk of looking like I'm piling on - why would you look for art supplies at an office supply store? That's like looking for eggs and milk at the local Home Depot...

LOL! I guess anybody who's going to reply to this thread is going to reply with a smart comment. I guess y'all figure I deserve it and thinks it's a dumb question to ask. I honestly forgot about the yellow pages because I haven't used them since the 90's. They didn't cross my mind. I was out before work shopping and decided to check out Office Depot and Staples because I remembered that I needed a kneaded eraser. They do have an art section, so why not. It does hurt to look. Well anyways that's Ken.

There are a ton of art stores in LA, and I've usually seen kneaded erasers at all the Home Depots I've been to. Check the drafting supply section or ask one of the store clerks.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

you can also get them at hobby lobby and even at wallmart

I would expect Staples to have them. Haven't used one in years but when I bought my last one I bought it at a local stationary store (ever heard of one of those? Our's was called Hornbecks.) which Walmart closed. It carried all business and art supplies for the local area including drafting supplies. We now have a Staples and a Walmart, but ever tried asking their staff for something like this?

Michaels would probably be a good bet as well.

You made me remember I used use my eraser as a stress reliever. Got to get another one.

Loved that store different areas had different smells. They carried inks, papers, glues...it was amazing. And the papers that they carried. I used to spend a lot time shopping papers.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.