Search form

SCAD portfolio requirements..

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SCAD portfolio requirements..

hi all,

Can anyone give me some guidance as to portfolio requirements for MA in Animation at SCAD ?

I would be glad to know something about the pieces of work and showreels too...It would be great if someone can give me some examples to their pieces of work..

Heres some of my work ...

http://www.vimeo.com/user1551640

Pls do critique on it...thanks...

The best people to ask about portfolio requirements for SCAD would be the admissions people at SCAD. Contact the school and ask for their portfolio guidelines.

There is some very nice work on your reel, but it feels like you've included everything you've ever done. I only made it through two minute's worth, and if I had seen it during a reel review, I wouldn't have made it that far. You need to re-edit and include only what you think is your strongest work, even if it means your reel is short. The weaker pieces bring down the entire quality of the reel, and (IMO) their presence earlier on in the reel make it possible, even likely, that your good stuff will never be seen.

You should always have your strongest piece first, your second strongest piece at the end, and solid work in the middle.

http://www.scad.edu/admission/graduate/index.cfm

Here is a link to the application procedure to Scad

Some Tips

You'll need two to three letters of recommendation/ Sent via e-mail or by envelope to the school by the people who are recommending.

Another big thing is the statement of purpose, its basically a brief essay on why you want study animation at the school.

Also- I sent about them 20 pieces of my best work a slide show of 16 static images complied as a slideshow and 4 student films all composed on to DVD.

Hope this helps, I was excepted to the same MA program with this process.:) GOOD LUCK!

There is some very nice work on your reel, but it feels like you've included everything you've ever done. I only made it through two minute's worth, and if I had seen it during a reel review, I wouldn't have made it that far. You need to re-edit and include only what you think is your strongest work, even if it means your reel is short. The weaker pieces bring down the entire quality of the reel, and (IMO) their presence earlier on in the reel make it possible, even likely, that your good stuff will never be seen.

You should always have your strongest piece first, your second strongest piece at the end, and solid work in the middle.

hey thanks a lot DSB....i shall surely look into my reel for that matter....thanks again....