Search form

Wish You Were Here! --Rockfish Stu

1 post / 0 new
Wish You Were Here! --Rockfish Stu

This is Rockfish Stu.

A postcard comes to animated life as a happy-go-lucky beach comer has a run-in with a crabby local.

This is a short I've been working on for longer than I want to admit (off and on, of course ... I'm sure everyone is familiar with the way that goes.) It started as a way to experiment with combining 2D animation with claymation and photographic backgrounds. It's animated in Flash and edited in Final Cut Express.

Rockfish Stu is a character loosely based on my friend Sid. (I don't even know what that nickname means, but I've always thought it had a ring to it.) He recorded his VO sitting in on the commode at his house on Maui then emailed the files to me here in Nashville. Bless the internet!

I got fed up with having so much done on it and yet it would still be another year, at the least, to finish the entire story as written, so I found a convenient stopping point and called it done. Not the most satisfying solution since there's a lot of cool stuff that was going to happen in the second half but life and other projects were pushing this further and further into the distance. Ah well, one day I'll either finish the entire "vision" or absorb some of those ideas into something else.

tedtoons's picture
Ted Nunes - www.tedtoons.com

Ted Nunes - www.tedtoons.com