Search form

Animation School Reviews?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation School Reviews?

You understand the glaring problem with the site?

That ANYONE can post a review claiming that they are alumni of these schools, but actually are not.
Or they have failed the programmes at these schools and have only negative comments to make. That would render the use of the site to be much less effective than it could be. The idea is not to have all praise, of course, but to get feedback from actual alumni that have completed the programmes and hopefully, used their education to gain employment in their field of training.
The only way to get a reliable list of alumni is to contact the schools directly, to be put in touch with the alumni they have registered.

That's not a "ploy" to put this in the hands of the school, its the only sensible way to do this kind of thing effectively. If you did this kind of thing, perhaps under the auspices of the schools, it would be a legitimate tool of great value.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

On first scan I think it's a good idea. I know two of the posters and the reviews seem emotionally intelligent. And I think it is good to hold the plethora of Vancouver schools feet to the fire, so to speak, it may "keep us honest".

There may be problems but reading under submissions its seems posts are reviewed for anything inflammatory.

Thanks for the feedback Ken. We've acknowledged that "fake" alumni could in fact post bogus reviews, but that's not going to stop us from moving forward.

As best we can, we verify the author's of the reviews. Forums such as awn could easily have the same problems with fake identities, but it's usefulness can't be ignored.

In any case, we're going to focus on the local scene, and if there's any information that is just plain untrue, hopefully it gets called out. We haven't had any problems so far.

Thanks for the feedback Ken. We've acknowledged that "fake" alumni could in fact post bogus reviews, but that's not going to stop us from moving forward.

As best we can, we verify the author's of the reviews. Forums such as awn could easily have the same problems with fake identities, but it's usefulness can't be ignored.

In any case, we're going to focus on the local scene, and if there's any information that is just plain untrue, hopefully it gets called out. We haven't had any problems so far.

I wish you only good luck with this. I have emotional sentiments attached to each of these schools, having taught at two of them ( three, if one counts Cap College), and having colleagues teaching at all of them.
A great many talents have come out of the Vancouver schools, and my sincere hope is that continues.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)