Search form

More layoffs. Whose writing the government a proposal for Animation industry bailouts

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
More layoffs. Whose writing the government a proposal for Animation industry bailouts

I can't help but to feel a little more encouraged to work on my Fine Arts skills.

Read the article on AWN's website:
Viacom Layoffs Could Mean Shut-Down of NY Nickelodeon Studio
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/nickelodeons-christmas-gift-to-nyc-animators

And

Cartoonleap's website:
GDH says: Retire voluntarily or elseÉ
http://www.cartoonleap.com/2008/11/28/gdh-says-leave-voluntarily-or-else/lang/en/

I hope you are not serious about the bailouts, because they are seriously not needed.

Look, there's a lot of words that could be said on this, but it boils down to one thing: people will need and want entertainment.

They will demand it, and it will be produced for them--and they will not much care where it comes from.
How much and who will do this work is enormously variable, but skilled people will be required.
Keep in mind that the game industry still demands people, and its still growing.
TV is changing as a medium.......do not depend upon it for work.

Lastly..... animation studios closing down might be the greatest thing that ever happened to the craft of animation. I say that because the very tool that you use to read these words represents the tool that can and likely will replace said studios in creating animation.
Anyone .........ANYONE with the talent can create animation (or cartoons or comics or designs etc). entirely on their own and present it to the world without it ever seeing a studio's influence.
All it takes is the will and guts to create.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

I am not selling my jet. :D

I am not selling my jet. :D

And I refuse to sell my submarines.

And my bodyguards!

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Okay, so comedy isn't my strongest skill. It was a joke.

But seriously, Ken, your comments (as usual) are very insightful and much appreciated.

As for what I'll keep...I think that I can part with with the gold plated car, but the indoor waterfall is definitely a keeper.

Whatever, I'll drive up to Washington in a hybrid.

Down with the studios.... Let the reign of the independent animators begin.

Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!