Search form

Head Turn Assignment from Tony White's book

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Head Turn Assignment from Tony White's book

muurtikaar is an ingrate and clueless. muurtikaar will never get any questions answered on this forum ever again.

Hi muurtikaar.

Very quickly....

It doesn't really matter with this exercise if you shoot it on one's or two's. The important thing is that the action works. You would probably see it better if you inbetweened it one more time throughout and then shot it on twos. This would give a nice slowness which I think will make the viewing easier.

However, before you do that I would suggest that with what you have already...

The features tend to slide across the face, rather than revolve around the sphere of the head. So, take the face on the breakdown drawing a little lower than you have it, so that the head definitely dips in the middle of the rotation. Then, when you do your inbetweens, make sure that you do them on an 'arc' (that reaches its lowest point on the breakdown position, rising up to the end position). It is really important to have everything moving on an arc with this kind of assignment.

Bravo for trying though... I admire your commitment and tenacity! These are all good qualities for an animator to have. (So is a solid drawing capability of course. I hope you are doing drawing sessions/classes outside of this? It will really help!)

I cannot stay here much these days as I've got my new book to finish, as I indicated before. However, you might be really interested in the book I'm finishing up... 'HOW TO BE AN ANIMATOR ~ And Make Animated Films'... as it is effectively a degree-level course in animation and filmmaking, using both my previous books as textbooks. Effectively, if you can't afford going to animation school... or there isn't one in your part of the world... then this is bringing the school to you in the form of a book! There is a DVD of my lectures and demo material going with it too.

Unfortunately all this won't be happening until early 2009... but I just thought I'd let you know it's coming.

Keep it going... you're doing fine so far!

Tony. :^{)}=-

Tony. :^{)}=-

Personal Blogsite:
http://blog.animaticus.com

"The Animaticus Foundation"
http://www.animaticus.com

Head Turn Assignment from Tony White's book THE ANIMATOR'S WORKB

muurtikaar is an ingrate and clueless. muurtikaar will never get any questions answered on this forum ever again.