Search form

cartoonchaos gallery

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
cartoonchaos gallery

Hey everybody!

Just posting some sketches of character design i'm working on for my short film. It takes place at colonial Jamestown, Virginia.... just looking for a little feedback.

I've got a thread over in the AWN Show and Tell too, but I thought post finished work there and designs I'm working on here. What do you think? I'll post a few more soon.

cartoonchaos's picture
Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

The way you broke the last guy's right leg, while consistent with the body curve, looks a little painful and unnatural. If his right foot was turned outward that might help.

The way you broke the last guy's right leg, while consistent with the body curve, looks a little painful and unnatural. If his right foot was turned outward that might help.

I was hoping someone would notice, and you did right away!

The characters are based on the 1914 songbook from Alfred Moffat. They're all known today as nursery rhyme characters. The guy with the "broken leg" is The Crooked Man. First shown is Little Jumping Joan, second is Little Polly Flinders, and third is Simple Simon.

Maybe I should have said something first... sorry! :D

I did want him to look unnatural... fits the story, so thats good. I will sketch him up with right foot turned outward though. Thanks!

Here's a few more...

Tom the piper

The Crooked Rat. Actually, in the story, there's gonna be a ton of these rats running around.

The Crooked Cat. I kinda wanted this cat to be a little disturbed in the head... probably from being around all the crooked rats all the time.

Hey, here's another "once in a blue moon" post! (gotta post more... new years resolution)

Got in a holiday mood here lately and doodled up King Moonracer and the Misfit Toys.