Search form

Richard Williams Animation Masterclass ANIMATED!!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard Williams Animation Masterclass ANIMATED!!

From Youtube:

The Animators Survival Kit ANIMATED logo intro line test!! Richard Williams to attend Annecy festival this year. Probably hear more about this there!! This was also screened at Asifa San Francisco during a tribute to his birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeJiteHiNKk

From the ASIFA website:
[I]
The public knows Willams as the animation director of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Animators also know him as the author of the great “how to” animation book, The Animator’s Survival Kit. In honor of his birthday and in anticipation of the release of Williams’Animation Masterclass lecture series on DVD (shot before a live audience at Blue Sky Studios).
[/I]

And take a look here:

http://www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com/

Sweet! The guy just keeps getting better.

Hope it doesn't take long to finish like his "Thief and the cobbler". :)

Hope it doesn't take long to finish like his "Thief and the cobbler". :)

It's finished. What is being released this summer is a companion DVD to the book "The Animator's Survival Kit". The DVD is from video footage shot over a few days of Dick Williams teaching his intensive Animation Master Class at Blue Sky Studios. The video will augment the principles he writes about in the book. (the Animation Master Class came first , then the book which was based on his Master Class , but they are only now releasing the DVD of Dick actually teaching the class, which signals to me that he has decided to retire from teaching the class. The reason it was not released on video before is because I think he had plans to still occasionally teach the class live , but I would guess that is no longer the case, hence the video footage is now being released.)

I believe it's actually a multi-DVD set. I took Dick's masterclass about 10 years ago, and it was two full days at least.

I believe it's actually a multi-DVD set. I took Dick's masterclass about 10 years ago, and it was two full days at least.

Oh, yeah, I expect it will be a set of several DVD's . Sorry when I said "the DVD" I was using it generically to included all of the video content being released to supplement the Animator's Survival Kit book.

In other news , I read in the Animation forum on DrawingBoard.org that the long-awaited Eric Goldberg book on animation (with supplemental DVD )
is finally headed towards publication later this year.

Eric is one of my favorite animators so I'm eagerly looking forward to his book and DVD(s) as well !

Z
Z's picture

Hah, that's a cool animation. Plus it seems like he animates with the top pegs. (my preference)

I got this book recently, and it's very useful for a beginner like me. Very handy.

--Z

does anyone know when this is coming out??

im on page 109, of The Animator's Survival Kit

does anyone know when this is coming out??

im on page 109, of The Animator's Survival Kit

According to the website it comes out November 17th. If your preorder it you get a 20% discount. If you live in the North America its kind of sucks since the only place to order it is in United Kingdom Pounds which is worth twice our currency. The only plus to that is that we don't pay VAT. Its 507 GBP if you preorder it ($1003 US and $1023 CAD) and 634 after it comes out ($1254 US and $1280 CAD). I'm so preordering this.

Software: TVPaint Pro, Harmony Standalone, Storyboard Pro, Maya, Modo, Arnold, V-Ray, Maxwell, NukeX, Hiero, Mari, RealFlow, Avid, Adobe CS6
Hardware: (2) HP Z820 Workstations + 144-core Linux Render Farm + Cintiq 24HD Touch

Hi,

Just want to say this book is really very helpfull.

Thanks

Suman Mondal
Director
B4 Animation
Kolkata
INDIA

Hi,

Just want to say this book is really very helpfull.

Thanks

You should save your pennies and get the video disk series too.