Search form

Skunk fu!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skunk fu!

Did any one see this show in cartoon network? (Skunk fu!) its amazing. I was suprised when heard it animeted in flash. The movements of the characters are so smooth :) I Think flash is the king of 2D animation :p

Did any one see this show in cartoon network? (Skunk fu!) its amazing. I was suprised when heard it animeted in flash. The movements of the characters are so smooth :)

I Think flash is the king of 2D animation :p

Well ... depends what kind of 2D animation you want to do, but that's another topic . ;)

The studio who did Skunk Fu is Cartoon Saloon in Ireland. They did a great job using Flash for the animation on this (although in many cases I am told that they rough animated it on Paper first , then scanned into Flash to do the final clean-up and color)

If you look for "Skunk Fu" on YouTube you'll see some examples and demo reels by some of the animators. Skunk Fu on YouTube

One of the main animators on Skunk Fu is Alessandra Sorrentino . She is a Flash master , or rather I should say she is a master Animator, who uses Flash to do traditional-style animation.

Check out these examples on her blog :

Wulfie animation line test in Flash

More Wulfie animation in Flash

("Wulfie" is a new show she is animating on).

She's animating these "traditionally" , with full frame-by-frame drawing of keys and inbetweens, but instead of pencil, paper, and animation disc, she is using a Wacom tablet , drawing directly into Flash .

Year! Dat is so cool! thanx 4 info. Again, which software they use to composite skunk fu! If I dont have wacom table can I make things move like that in flash? ;) to draw directly in flash?

Flash is just a medium. Using Flash doesn't make you a master animator. You need talend, and years of study and practice to be able to create something like SkunkFu. I'm sure Flash was used to reduce costs. Some years ago, this kind of animation would have been made with cel animation.

Flash is just a medium.

Using Flash doesn't make you a master animator. You need talend, and years of study and practice to be able to create something like SkunkFu.

Yes, that was exactly my point in calling Alessandra Sorrentino a master animator who uses Flash rather than a Flash master.

The studio who did Skunk Fu is Cartoon Saloon in Ireland. They did a great job using Flash for the animation on this (although in many cases I am told that they rough animated it on Paper first , then scanned into Flash to do the final clean-up and color)

I checked it out. That's pretty cool and the animation is very well done. It doesn't look super stiff like a lot of Flash stuff does.

Nethery-Ramsey Productions
Animation and more!

"We make the movies we want to watch, because nobody else is making them," -Randy S. Nelson, Dean of Pixar University

-Member formerly known as Spoooze!-