Search form

Antics LA User Group Mtg - Newbies welcomed!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Antics LA User Group Mtg - Newbies welcomed!

Hello to all of those in the LA area!

I am looking to host free monthly user group meetings here at LA Center Studios for Antics users and those interested in learning more about Antics in the LA area.

I’ve started a thread on our forum at http://www.antics3d.com/forum.php?ac...d&topic_id=246 to essentially start a sign-up sheet for Thursday, January 31st at 7pm. Please reply on the thread if you would be interested in attending such an event and offer any suggestions or thoughts for our 1st meeting of 2008! I’d like to schedule the meeting before February, so please let us know on the forum if you would like to attend so I can reserve the room. Please do post your replies on the Antics forum (and here too so other AWN members will know you're interested) as I want other users to see that many will be attending. This provides more incentive and motivation to attend when you know you won't be alone!

You can read more in the thread, but we’re thinking of hosting the events monthly with each event focusing on different aspects of Antics, such as set construction, character animation, camera choreography or timeline editing. Instead of presentations and demos from the Antics team, we’d like to see the events become a much more interactive experience for the users; a place where users can present their work, ask questions and obtain advice from others… a REAL user group! I’d also like to feature artist presentations and I’ve got a great artist presentation in store for this first meeting! Let me know if you’d like to present your work at a future meeting!

As for the exact meeting location, it will be held at:

Los Angeles Center Studios
1201 W. 5th Street, Suite F110
Los Angeles, CA 90017

This is in downtown LA and not to be confused with Hollywood Center Studios.

LACS is located right off of 3rd Street just West of the 110 freeway, very near to the intersection of the 10, 110, 101 and 5 freeways!

Thanks and I hope to see you soon!

Brad

I just wanted to thank all of those who attended the LA User Group meeting last night.

I really enjoyed meeting you all last night and I think the event was a success. It's very exciting to see your enthusiasm for the product and range of your applications!

As we discussed, please let me know your thoughts and suggestions for our next event.

We are open to considering a new more convenient location for all and stay tuned to the Antics Pub for the announcement and details for February's event.

We'll look to host the next meeting the last week of February.

Thanks again!

21 registered thus far...

We've already had about 20 signups, but I anticipate at least that many more before the event on the 31st.

Users signed up thus far:
1. Robert Stadd
2. VW Scheich
3. emotepix
4. Ingrid Moon
5. Stefan Avalos
6. Lori Apthorp
7. Roger
8. Donna Bell
9. Chris Perdue
10. Kurt Brabee
11. Brad Kolacinski (Me)
12. Eric Rosoff
13. Steve Hardie
14. Peter Deyell?
15. Grant Keller
16. Eddie Perez
17. Yumi
18. Elizabeth Moore
19. Chris Nyfield
20. Ricky Grove

More to be added...

Check out http://www.antics3d.com/forum.php?action=thread&topic_id=246 for more details on the event and who will be attending.