The Look of Love

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Look of Love

Hi everyone,

I just finished my first short film. Go check it out on aniboom and crackle.com

I hope everyone likes it.

Crackle.com
http://crackle.com/c/Wet_Paint/The_Look_of_Love/2113607#id=2113607&ml=fc%3D28%26fp%3D-1%26fx%3D%26o%3D9

Aniboom.com
http://www.aniboom.com/Player.aspx?v=124869

Hi binzimation, and welcome to the AWN Forums.

Nice short. It's very well done. I had a problem with a couple of things.

I think you needed to work alittle more on the guy's eyes at the end when we now know he's blind. It looks like he is looking at her when he catches her as she falls. I know it's cliche, but dark sun glasses would help.

Second, what happens at the end? She gasps alittle but they are so far away, it's hard to tell. Does he grab her butt?

Very solid. Keep it up.

Mahalo,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hahaha... No..he does not grab her butt.. She just trips again at the end...

ANd in the end, I didn't want to put sunglasses on him, because blind people have eyes too, and I'm not afraid to show them..haha. It was a hard balance to make him look like he wasn't focusing too much without looking like I'm just a bad animator.

Glad you liked it. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about the eyes.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

That was really neat. The Cinematography was amazing. Very solid color scheme, nice use of muted tones. I love the part right when she sits down and she does that drummung with her fingers and has that look on her face. Your Characters were subtle yet real and likeable. The one part I didn't really like or understand was when she burps. It catches you off guard, and she has a kind of frustration right from the begining. I think that should come after your audience knows that she is trying to get his attention. I'm not a fan of anything CG, but I thought overall it was a nice piece. Good Job.

Thanks

Haha.. She doesn't burp! She just makes a face at the painting on the wall... haha... Maybe these things weren't as clear as I thought... :confused:

But thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it...