Search form

Designing animated introduction for national project

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Designing animated introduction for national project

I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. I'm new to this site. I'm looking for a good person who is looking for a challenge. My guess, with all the experience floating around on this site, this project may be best for a current student or someone wanting to get thier name tied to a national project.

I have a series of books and DVDs that are being released by Barnes and Noble by way of Sterling Publishing in Jan 2009. There is much anticipation and excitement surrounding this project. I may be the first of many series of books of this type.

I'm looking for someone who likes a challenge and wants to get some experience at the same time. The DVDs (12) need a short animation introduction. It will be the same introduction with just a very small variation at the end of each to make it specific for each DVD. If you are interested and like baseball, that would be great, but it is not necessary.

This project will be a good way for someone looking to make a name for themselves can get their work into a Nationally released series of 3 books and as many as 12 DVDs. Thank you for your time and consideration. Plese respond if you may have interest or know of someone who might be. I would love some guidance from all of you with great experience.

Sincerely,
Trent

I'm afraid your offer is much too vague to attract professional interest. We get your first name, your word that in over a year from now some some DVDs will be released which may have to do with baseball and that for those you'd like some animation work done with no mention of compensation at all.
Give people something to "work" with.

Like I said, I'm new to this type of board. As a former professional athlete,
I know nothing about animation and even less about animation message boards. I apologize in advance if I have not approached things in the proper manner. I just don't know where to go to find the right person for the job.

All of the details, including compensation can be discussed. I'm looking for someone to work on a short introduction for the DVDs. This will obviously not be of interest to anyone who has lots of experience and is looking to make lots of money, or who wants to do a full length motion picture.

It is however an opportunity for someone who likes a challenge, has some spare time to work on a side projects, and possibly likes baseball and wants to help kids. The whole animation will take less than 30 seconds. If anyone has any interest in knowing more about it they can e-mail me directly at rraidercoach22@bellsout.net.

I have a simple outline of what I'm looking for to be done. It might be a really easy for someone with the right software. They may even be able to spice it up more than what I'm looking for; I guess it all depends on a number of factors. Please e-mail me if you want to know more details.

The web site for the 3 book series that has 12 accompanying DVDS is not available yet due to the fact that the project is not completed. The Series is called "Secrets to Winning Baseball". It is the most comprehensive instructional series ever released for baseball. It takes coaches, players and parents from the very earliest stages of baseball (Tee Ball) all the way to the college or professional ranks.

Sterling Publishing is behind the project and they are owned by Barnes and Noble. There is much anticipation and excitement surrounding the project.

This project spawned off of a former project of mine that was a self publishing deal. The web site for the self published book and DVD series was called "A Major League Guide to Amateur Baseball". It can be found at www.baseballmanual.com.

There are many Big Name College and professional coaches and players that supported the old and new project.

Sincerely,
Trent Mongero

Here is one short link on the validity of the project. There are others if you need them.

http://www.astleliterary.com/forthcoming.html

The project started out as an 8 DVD deal and now has turned into 12 DVDs. There is over 100 hours of instruction that was filmed and is being edited for the 12 DVDs.

The 3 books are the responsibility of Sterling Publishing out of NYC. The DVDs are my responsibility. That is why I'm the one seeking the help with the introduction and not the publisher. Book/DVD combinations are still relatively new for most publishing companies.

Hope this information helps.

Hi Trent,

Thanks for the extensive detail on your project. You have to understand; the animation community sees messages like your first one all the time, and has come to be very skeptical of jobs that promise "exposure" and such.

Who is producing your DVD content? I'd imagine that whoever it is would have freelancers they work with all the time who can provide the animation you're looking for. If not, be sure to ask for demo reels from anyone who expresses interest in your project. If the animation is opening each DVD, you want to be sure it looks professional and doesn't turn off the viewer at the very start.

DSB,
Thank you for your reply and insight. I bet it is common for people to make false promises on here. So all I can do is be as honest as possible in a setting that can be used for exactly the opposite, if that was someone’s intent. I have provided few links to the project to provide legitimacy to try to draw the right person to the project. There are also many character references from credible people on the www.baseballmanual.com web site.

Baseball coaches at all levels are use to giving of themselves to help others. I choose to coach at the high school level because of the impact that I can have on kid’s lives. Because of this project and my experience, strangers often call on me to help them or their children get better. I guess that is exactly what I'm doing with you guys here. I’m an underdog in some ways and I’m seeking a person who likes helping the underdog. I’m an underdog because I’m not a huge baseball name with deep pockets. This project was started to help coaches, players and parents in the county I worked for and it has taken off in leaps and bounds.

This over all projects (3 instructional books with 12 accompanying DVDs) is very unique in many ways; however, the baseball instructional video content does not take a genius to edit. As you are well aware, it is the content that is most important to the quality of the book and DVDs of this nature. Secondly, it is organizing the material in a logical sequence with appropriate titles and simple transitions. Keeping the viewers focus on the content is the biggest challenge. There is no need for a "wow factor" or special effects used in this content editing, for this only takes away from the professionalism of the material.

I am actually the one choosing to do the editing. This may be a turn off, but it is actually better because I have much experience editing baseball content, and I know what the end product should look like to be most useful the baseball coach, player, or parent who will view the content. I have proved this to Sterling and they are 100% comfortable with it. The thing I can’t do is make a really cool introduction. That is why I'm reaching out to strangers to help me.

As I hope you can now see, this is why a professional introduction is so important to the material and project. I am simply looking for something really cool that will introduce the menu for the DVD. I agree, It can't be tacky or cheesy at all. I'm looking for a (intro) that will draw the viewer in. The animation will basically entail manipulating the "secrets to winning baseball" logo, with matching baseball sounds such as the sound of the ball hitting the bat, etc. There will be intense "heart beat" style music tied into the intro that gets progressively faster. It is more than this, but that is the basic concept. This is why I feel that this project may be fairly simple for a person with the right software.

If I get the right person involved, I will get their professional opinion to make sure that I'm not missing the boat with my concepts of what the intro should look like. There may be a much easier way that would be more professional looking. I'm game for those Ideas.

I'm also looking for two basic title Templates that can be used throughout the content video. Very simple but a little more than what I can create with Adobe Premier.

I want this intro to become the trademark for the project and I want it so good that Sterling will choose to use it for their marketing and promotions, which they are fully responsible for. I hope with all this information, it will strike someone as something they would like to tackle.

Sincerely,
Trent Mongero