Search form

Push that ball boy

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Push that ball boy

A shot I made, just for fun, about a kid that's trying to push a snowball from one side of the screen to the other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvB8Bm0wXPA

I know, the volume of the snowball isn't what it should be, but I'm working on it while you see this ;)

Please tell me where I can improve something

PS: I know that the kid may show some resemblence with Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes ;)

There's alot of nice things about it but my crit is that one doesn't just simply push a snowball, they kinda roll it with hands together or alternately rolling to its top forward.

There's alot of nice things about it but my crit is that one doesn't just simply push a snowball, they kinda roll it with hands together or alternately rolling to its top forward.

...damn
you're absolutely right
it's with all those "push the box"-excercizes ;)

When he first pushes the ball it comes to a really hard stop. If you slowed that out a little it would have some more weight. And the squash and stretch on his body is a little too intense for such a small action. The second time he pushes the ball it loses its weight again if it rolled slow at the start and then got faster it would gain that weight again. It was a cool animation though, I enjoyed it.