Search form

Pixar to release 2D Animated Short

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pixar to release 2D Animated Short

This is interesting :

Your Friend The Rat stills

Pixar 2D Animation short

The first hand-drawn animated 2-D short in Pixar's history.

Jim Capobianco, who directed the short, titled "Your Friend the Rat" told reporters that he got the idea from seeing how much research the filmmakers did into rat behavior and history—much of which never made it into the final film.

"We had to be kind of smart and think of ways to put this together," Capobianco told a group of reporters at Pixar's headquarters in Emeryville, Calif., on Oct. 29. That meant finding people who could do the traditional animation, drawn with pencils on paper, as well as finding space at Pixar's vast campus to produce the 11-minute movie, which is also, oxymoronically, the longest short Pixar has ever produced.

Pencils on paper ? How about that ! What'll they think of next ?

Neat! I already thought the credits to Ratatouille were exceptionally well done. Like the cut-out animation used for the credits to A Series of Unfortunate Events, props to Rick Heinrichs!

Cool! I'm with Jabber - loved the credit sequence animation. Looking forward to seeing this!

oooh, i'm really excited for this! i absolutely love hand drawn animation and spent a little too much time in college fighting against computer animation. ...which was clearly a mistake.

but it makes me really happy that something as major as pixar still respects the merits of hand drawn animation.

this is the first i've heard of this, and the news is almost good enough to cure my hangover! ...its 3pm here. i know, i know... ugh.

Z
Z's picture

Cool stuff, I'll have to check it out. I'm definitely getting Ratatoullie when it comes out on DVD.

--Z