Search form

Life Drawing and its relevance in animation!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Life Drawing and its relevance in animation!

i think by now every animator and artist alike know the importance of life drawing in animation....this so called relevance of Life Drawing in animation is my working dissertation title....basically what i am talking about is the use of Life Drawing at the start of the animation era...It was braced as a traditional art form practice and so was put into practice with the animation medium....Mainly you could say Disney Began it as fashion..then the spread into the fifities when cartoon Modern took over and style became more important and then nowadays when it seems to be an almost fashion again...basically i wnat people to try help me in a direction to go in and what in paticular to look at!thanks its always nice to get other peoples help

Life drawing does a lot for an artist, it teaches one to see, and to learn to know what is important to capture.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

check out this post by Keith Lango and the many fantastic replies...
http://www.keithlango.com/wordpress/?p=690

animator wannabe

I have been doing life-drawing most os my life (no pond intended).

I'd like to explore a career in animation.

How should I start?

If you are curious about my drawings, feel free to visit my web site at:

www.andreacukier.com.

All advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Kabocha

I agree

I think life drawing is one of the most important skills a student can learn. By not learning to draw you shut off possibilities..and become a puppeteer.

When I left my last job as a professor, it was because I wanted to create projects and learn to paint...and the college where I worked had just taken the life drawing class (count them ONE class) out of the core curriculum. They made my decision easy for me...

Thanks

Life Drawing is important

Life Drawing is important to train artists in
- proportions
- balance
- gravity and its effects
- emotions

Once an artist has been through life drawing, he can very well animate any inanimate object like for e.g. a spoon etc. to good effect.

http://www.3danimationtrainingstudio.com I still have not told my story! - Vineet Raj Kapoor

life drawing...most important.

hello holyears, u are definately on a very right path if u are spending time on doing life drawing for animation. life drawing teaches the most about everything, be it animation, observation, drawing, painting etc etc.

carry on and all the best...:).

waheednasir.
www.waheednasir.com

If you follow the animator's path of line of action, volumes, and only then get into the structural details, you can improve very quickly, though it can be painful. When you're doing thirty second to one minute gestures, there's nothing to hide behind. If it's asymmetrical or the feet aren't planted in the right place, it's painful to look at, or looks like it's going to fall over. If the proportions are off, it's not a good likeness of the model. It's also very important to have a model who understands line of action. Overly stiff or sedentary poses are hard to breathe life into.

These fast poses and a teacher who emphasizes getting the basic form down first are invaluable. You get a loose and lively sense of structure. If you build quickly out from the line of action, you'll get an energy that you can't get when you're obsessing over the details from the beginning. Working with the primitive shapes and grouping hair, fingers, etc, helps to define the essence of a pose.

I had to throw a lot of habits away in life drawing, and learned more about animation there than in the animation classes!