Search form

A lengthy intro

1 post / 0 new
A lengthy intro

Hello, fellow animation enthusiasts.

I feel I should introduce myself here before I begin asking for advice and assistance - it's only polite. So, I'm a graduate from a bachelor's degree in Film in England and although my course didn't actually teach animation, I leaned heavily that way off my own back and created a few short films which no-where near illustrate the level of intensity I want to produce.

Now I know my animation skill itself is by no means professional quality... yet, but I'm continually practising and teaching myself to use different techniques. I should probably point out at this stage that I'm a stop-frame animator, not 2D cel or 3D digital. Currently, I'm working outside of my country doing nothing related to my industry of choice whatsoever, largely to experience life a little more before I focus my efforts on career entirely. Perhaps this is a mistake, but at least I'm earning money.

I have two films for public viewing at the moment, the first is a 3-minute experimental film designed to accentuate the medium of film by accentuating the spaces between still frames, thereby animating myself (live action-style) and the making myself 'become' plasticene... The story revolves around technophobia. It can be found here. The second film is, unfortunately, unfinished and cobbled together from rough and unfinished sections in an attempt to finish a project within a deadline. Hence, this film, while of a slightly higher quality (image-wise) than the previous film, is more disjointed and fails to achieve the narrative to the extent of the original 20-minute screenplay. That's a long story so I'll save it. It can be found here.

Sorry for the length of this post. Thanks to whoever bothers to read it. I hope this community can provide what I require.
~uther