Search form

Flash Symbol Renamer?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flash Symbol Renamer?

Hello everyone. I'm currently working as a character rigger on a flash based show, and often the thing that takes me the longest is having to rename symbols if I'm recolouring a character because they have the same rig but with different color clothes.

Is there anything available that renames symbols if say you wanted to rename all symbols with characterx(red) to characterx(blue) Or am I just going to have to be content with manually renaming everything?

Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong category to be posting this

There are extensions that you can download for that. They are a HUGE time saver. I don't remember where I downloaded mine from. I know Trick-or-script has one that you can buy. Try searching in google for Flash Library Items Renamer or something like that.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hey, I totally feel your pain! We used to spend 20-30 minutes at a time just renaming symbols for each fla. Here is a page where there are tons of free ones:

http://toonmonkey.com/extensions.html

Check out "Lib Append": This command will add a prefix, suffix, or both to the selected items in the library.

And "Search and Replace": This will search for and replace text in the names of Library items. You can search all Library items or only the selected items.

With these plugin's I literally only spend about 1 minute at the most to fix up and rename my entire library!

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Nice link Blue. Thanks!

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Hey, I totally feel your pain! We used to spend 20-30 minutes at a time just renaming symbols for each fla. Here is a page where there are tons of free ones:

http://toonmonkey.com/extensions.html

Check out "Lib Append": This command will add a prefix, suffix, or both to the selected items in the library.

And "Search and Replace": This will search for and replace text in the names of Library items. You can search all Library items or only the selected items.

With these plugin's I literally only spend about 1 minute at the most to fix up and rename my entire library!

That was really helpful! Thank you :) Not only has this saved me a lot of time, but it's saved my team a lot of time as well :)

That was really helpful! Thank you :) Not only has this saved me a lot of time, but it's saved my team a lot of time as well :)

That's great! Don't you just love plug in's? I try to explain how cool they are to other flash animators who don't use them and they all have the attitude of "yeah, whatever". I don't think they understand how powerful and helpful they really are.

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com