Search form

Nickelodeon's "Tak and the Power of Juju" premieres tomorrow 8/31

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nickelodeon's "Tak and the Power of Juju" premieres tomorrow 8/31

Nickelodeon's new show "Tak and the Power of Juju" premieres tomorrow, Friday, August 31st at 8:00. It's Nickelodeon Animation Studios' first in-house CG TV show, based on the "Tak" video games. If you want a sneak peek, we did some shorts that are online at http://www.Nick.com/Tak, and most cable or satellite providers are showing "Tak" in some form on their video-on-demand channels.

I've spent the past couple of years overseeing the CG and animation for the production. Here are some pictures from the show - enjoy!

Book's picture
Josh Book | www.JoshBook.com CG Creative Director Nickelodeon Animation Studios

Josh Book | www.JoshBook.com
CG Creative Director
Nickelodeon Animation Studios

I walked in on my little brother watching the show this morning, he said he was enjoying it. Overall it looked great, and I loved Tak's voice. Keep up the good work!

I have been seeing advertisements for the show for the past few days. You guys really poured your heart and souls into this show so I hope you have a very long run.

Slightly off topic, did you get any talent off any of the other shows on Nickelodeon?

Yeah, it's been a lot of work. As far as talent from other shows, yeah, there are many people who worked on other shows at Nickelodeon who came over to "Tak". Writers, storyboarders, character and prop designers, production people - all came from other shows. Nickelodeon likes to keep it's talented people busy!

Josh Book | www.JoshBook.com
CG Creative Director
Nickelodeon Animation Studios

To tell you the truth i'm a little bit disgusted at the poor quality of this "new" series. The sets are just flat images, the gags are extremely stale, and animation itself is lacking. I played the video game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was innovative, fun to play, and made me chuckle from time to time(which the show fails to do completely). The only complement I have is for whoever designed the characters on this show, the forms and colors of the characters and some of the props are very successful and pleasing. But what good are 3D models if you don't know how to make them move. I find the characters bland and emotionless, their facial expressions and mouth movements hardly match the voice overs and their movements are static and uninteresting. I never thought I'd see the day when the figures who once inspired the immagination of the youth would take advantage of their impressionability so grievously as to pass off this talentless excuse for a TV show. You lazy slobs will surely be the death of animation!

Sincerely, SpaceFighter2000

The only complement I have is for whoever designed the characters on this show, the forms and colors of the characters and some of the props are very successful and pleasing.

I think the creator of this thread is one of those guys. ;)

I have been seeing advertisements for the show for the past few days. You guys really poured your heart and souls into this show so I hope you have a very long run.

Slightly off topic, did you get any talent off any of the other shows on Nickelodeon?