Search form

Milkmen mafia

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Milkmen mafia

This animation was made by a group of us at the animation departement at Solent University. It was made for 'Idots of Ants', a comedy group, who are appearing at the Edinburgh festival and asked us if we would be interested if producing a short animation to be shown after their show. Their sketch is about 4 Mafia men who have come to England to help a friend who is a milkman. There way of helping him is to go to his chief competitor, Dairy Crest, and shoot them up. So 4 mafia men with hands guns shooting at a load of Milkmen and cows with bigger guns, milk bottles and milk floats exploding everywhere etc. It was a very fun project to work on and put together. Hope you enjoy watching it.

You can either download a high res version at this address:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1T2ZV5P

OR

You can go to the Youtube page that it it on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLsJ9J2KhU

Craig Smith.

SpaceFighter, just because you're talented doesn't give you the right to patronize people like that and talk so condescendingly.

As for the film itself, I feel it's tad gruesome for me. Also, I'm not quite sure where that blue bull came from in the last shot. He definitely looked the part of the ringleader, with his pet sheep and all, but I thought those guys were the cowards who just watched the battle from their offices on tv screens. Why would he risk going into the fray?

Welcome to the AWN Forums craig007.

Yeah, the link works now. It was probably something on my end.

Very random. Yeah, the styles don't quite match. I really love the designs of the cows. I thought they were really funny. The humans look like they were 3D or something. Maybe it was just because of the 3D blood FX.

Nice work, and I look forward to seeing more. Be proud, most people never finish a short film let alone even start one.

aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I appologize for my condesending patronization, I just feel that at this stage in the field no one needs to be babied and told that everything they do is great. Critisism is essensial for developing your skills. Walt Disney rarely complemented the animators that worked on his films. He critisized them, he pushed their limits, he told them to do better and they became the greatest there ever were. They wouldn't have been anything without his whip at their backs constantly. Tell someone the're good and they'll remain just that; tell someone they're mediocre and they'll strive to become great.

I appologize for my condesending patronization, I just feel that at this stage in the field no one needs to be babied and told that everything they do is great. Critisism is essensial for developing your skills. Walt Disney rarely complemented the animators that worked on his films. He critisized them, he pushed their limits, he told them to do better and they became the greatest there ever were. They wouldn't have been anything without his whip at their backs constantly. Tell someone the're good and they'll remain just that; tell someone they're mediocre and they'll strive to become great.

Calling something 'cheesy and generic' isn't a helpful critique at all. Saying "I was hoping for better" doesn't help that person get better. How about putting something constructive into your criticism?

Guess I don't understand the storyline. Why all the violence? And who exactly are the cows protecting...and who won?

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

the feedback on here would probably have been more constructive and positive if you had included the brief given by the client.

i think what people tend to forget at times like this is that this isnt someones epic works....this is a client piece and as such should be kept in mind when critique-ing. if the client was happy, then it was a success, if they were not....i assume it wouldnt have appeared here...

The blood and explosions? Come on, that's super cheezy and generic. Why would you use premade blood and explosion effects anyway, I find those to be the most fun to animate

when ever someone calls my work cheesy i consider it a compliment.

and how do you know they are premade? maybe...and again since it is a client project, they had time constraints which meant it was not economical to use hand drawn ones.

that said im totally with spacefighter....i dont believe in sugar coating feedback either....and it is very easy to drift into unconstructive dialogue when you think something is shit

www.EvilAsSin.com
for more movies and downloads

the fastest polygon in the west!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

The youtube address doesn't work.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Mmmm, thats odd, should do, has been coming up fine on mine. is there an error message or something like that when you do it? if anyone else has this problem could you let me know so i can try and get it working. thanks.

Craig Smith

The youtube worked for me... i liked the style. Bit gory for me though.

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything.

The style of the cartoon is not unified, it looks like it's made up of a few different styles that in themselves are ok but when jumbled together look... well jumbled together. It's very quick and the comedic timing isn't at its best. The blood and explosions? Come on, that's super cheezy and generic. Why would you use premade blood and explosion effects anyway, I find those to be the most fun to animate. I have to admit that it's a very finished looking piece, but I was hoping for a little better, and I know you guys are capable of more if you take your time.