Search form

KKJ, A new cartoon in the making!!!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
KKJ, A new cartoon in the making!!!

Hello and thank you for allowing me to access the forms :)

My name is Matthew Rutter. Im only 17 and I have been/still am makeing a cartoon called KKJ with over 50 Characters, smooth nice grapics and soon the Main comic (mini ones already up/comeing soon) all drawn, created and designed of by me ;)

http://www.myspace.com/killingkilljoy

This is the link to the my space of KKJ. Here are tones of images a cartoons and news of KKJ. If you dont have my space you dont have to sign in to see some images and art because there is a slide show near the bottom of the web sight.

I would apressiate all the friend requests and as much support as i can get.
(here is a sample image)

Thanks for reading and your support
Matthew Rutter (M.Rutter

"it's" as in ""This is how it's done" needs an apostrophe since it's a contraction of "it is."

Z
Z's picture

You've got a long way to go, young man. (don't worry, I'm around your age, and I'm partially saying this to myself as well)

I wouldn't try making a comic book 50+ character epic with over a thousand images yet. You're young. Like me, you're not ready to tell a huge story. Pracitce, and refine your skills. Right now, your images are too scattered, and composition isn't very clear for the reader.

If you're serious about becoming an artist, I'd say drop the project, and just have fun in the process of practicing. I've stupidly started big projects before, and it's a really bad idea. Trust me from experience.

HOWEVER, if you don't aspire to be a professional artist, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. Just have fun with this if that's the case.

--Zach.

--Z

Careful with the use of gradients. If you don't know what you are doing they just set your work off as that of a beginner. It's easy to fall in to the trap.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Well, you're skills definitely need refining. I'd be doing you a gross disservice if I told you that following through with this style is a good idea. The gradients really do give you're drawings a very unprofessional and even infantile look. If I never saw another gradient in my life, it would be too soon. But besides that, I feel you should learn some basic skills such as life drawing, good line quality, etc. As of right now judging from the drawings i've seen it looks like you're (no offence) a kid who found learning to draw from life a bore so you hopped on a computer and quickly invented a style that you will probably not break from for some time, without any background in design or any research of the like. Don't get me wrong, I respect all the hard work you put into this project. I would love to see what you could accomplish with that effort, if mixed with the propper skills and understanding. There's lots of good books out there on the subject, don't neglect the knowledge at your fingertips. Learn all you can, get better and better. Good Luck;)

Thxs for all the help and comments.

For one thing I no the grapics are not like real life and the drawings need work but unluckly i have to sue powerpoint to draw every thing, which limits what im doing...ALOT. Im hopeing get better software for my B-day but untill then there's a limit to what i can do.

Secondly i like my grapics (I have slightly inproved them since the last post) there not ment to be 100% humon like (for example the little kids in the cartoon have no hands on purpose) the grapics are more for "fun" then realistic.

Thxs for all the comments some really helped
M.Rutter