Search form

Downtown LA

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Downtown LA

Hi guys,

This is my first post here... I created this image for my portfolio.

Learned a lot while doing this project and overcame various problems. Modeling was done in Maya and ZBrush. Some textures were hand painted and rest were created using reference images in photoshop. Lighting setup was simple - one directional light and one IBL with FG on. Rendered in Mental Ray.

Critics and Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Preeti

www.preetijain.com

Attachment 

Ditto what Wontobe said, but I ecspecially like the lighting, color, and general design of the top floor windows that you'e done. Good job and congratulations!

First, OMG !!!

Second, did you take inspiration from a real building or is this total out of your own head.

How many hours did you put into this, not including rendering time.

Did you do any paper drawings before going to the computer.

Except for the truck, you work looks flawless. I can not pen it down but for me it comes off like it is plastic but I am only a hobbyist and the real pros will be jumping in.

Sorry but I just reread your post and saw that you already answered my frist question about inspiration. So did you do any work on paper?

Looks very good, a lot of the edges look too hard and blocky, I liked the brick running down the middle, I kinda wish you did some of the other edges in that jig jag style. The truck looks very flat and photocopied.

Sorry but I just reread your post and saw that you already answered my frist question about inspiration. So did you do any work on paper?

No I did not do any paper work. I just started working on Maya.

First, OMG !!!

Second, did you take inspiration from a real building or is this total out of your own head.

How many hours did you put into this, not including rendering time.

Did you do any paper drawings before going to the computer.

Except for the truck, you work looks flawless. I can not pen it down but for me it comes off like it is plastic but I am only a hobbyist and the real pros will be jumping in.