Search form

Straight-ahead animation in Flash...need help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Straight-ahead animation in Flash...need help

I like animating straight-ahead in Flash, using the pencil and brush tools to draw. It's traditional style stuff.

So anyway, I just finished a set of frames...all keyframes, each one containing a new drawing...and i want to reposition the whole set of frames on the stage. The character is too far to the left, i want to move him closer to center stage. How can I move all those keyframes to a new position, so that the animation plays out in the center of the stage. I want to avoid having to re-position each frame of animation. Can that be done in Flash?

Thank you.

Hi Saxdragon! Lemme see if I can be of help.

If you want to reposition them, there is a way. Just turn on the Onion Skin function. Drag the "Start Onion Skin" to the very first frame of your animation in the Timeline and drag the other end, the "End Onion Skin", to the very end of the Timeline (you will see the Onion Skin control at the topmost part of the Timeline, it appears when you click on the Onion Skin button at the bottom of the Timeline).

Once you have all the frames covered by the Onion Skin, you can then click on the "Edit Multiple Frames" button (this is to the right of the Onion Skin button). This will allow you to edit all the frames.

Press "Ctrl + A" to select all. This will enable you to select all of the images contained in each and every frame covered by the Onion Skinning. You will now be able to move all of the images all at once. Just use the arrow keys to move the images incrementally, or just use the mouse and the cursor to move it to the location that you desire.

After that, turn off Onion Skin and Edit Multiple Frames.

Hope I was clear and this works for you. I am sure other forum members will pitch in with some more suggestions. Good luck!

Blog

What Sandrock said, except that you don't need to turn on the Onion Skin before turning on Edit Multiple Frames.