Search form

Animation Desk

1 post / 0 new
Animation Desk

Hi,
I am looking for an animation desk of late, to really get some stuff in gear. However, due to the nature of my works, i'm looking for a fair sized desk, u-shaped (or l-shaped) ones, that could also hold a PC, kinda side by side. This i feel would really help me as i'm constantly to and thro between computer and desk. And they (whoever they are) say that a good enviroment to work in is a very good place to start. I can't afford anything customized (other than by my own hand), so i've been looking recently at cheap u-shaped computer desks (2nd hand) and then 'adding' the animation part to one side. Atm, i have a 'portable' animation desk aswell, so that would suite fine on it until i get a more permanent ani part sorted out.

So...I was just wondering if anyone knew a good place to go, either for an animation desk fully completed, or if not, just a real good place for desks in general - just really so i could have a look - see what i can afford and what's out there.

PS: I know it's unlikely (but no harm in asking) - anyone know of a place/person who has the old Disney Animation desks up for grabs. They look real nice to work on (and usually come with a nice price too - but we can dream!) Looking around the web i've seen a few that have sold a while back (and are still posted on the web), even one of those really nice Kem Weber ones, but none for sale now. Unfortunatley it seems i got to Orlando a few years to late (just moved from England) - as i'd assume you cudda picked up a nice bargain from the 2D clearout at the Orlando studio. That being said, if you're in the Orlando area (or Florida area really), and have one, give me a nice big shout!!

Cheers,
Rich.

RTP's picture
________________________________Perpetual Motion________________________________

________________________________Perpetual Motion________________________________