Search form

contract issues

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
contract issues

:( i have a contract with a company in the usa and i have not heard from them for a while and then they say they dont need me now nut they signed a contract saying theyve hired me and will pay me 2% of the final earnings of the game i was supposed and have half animated...is there anything i can do?

Talk to a lawyer.

Seriously.
Contract issues means consulting a lawyer to see what your options are.
That doesn't mean the lawyer takes on your case, they just provide you with the info as to the options you have.
Consultations typically are free, depending on where to reside, but some firms charge a small fee-usually less that $50.
Its a FAR better thing to get the straight dope from a lawyer than to guess and be unsure on your own.

Also, in your circumstances, 2% of whatever the final earnings were projected at for the contract can be a small stipend.
If your contract was for $10,000 ( for example) you'd get $200, just for doing pretty much nothing. If you've moved somewhere for the job, that's a slap in the face, but it you were about to move, cancel those plans, pocket the money and move on to the next gig.
The contract DOES at least specify compensation if the job doesn't happen and those kind of play-or-pay gigs are not common from what I understand.
A lawyer MIGHT just say take the money and move on.
But talk to the lawyer.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)