Search form

sound designer looking to build animation reel

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
sound designer looking to build animation reel

I love sound and I love animation. I've been working as a freelance sound designer on a variety of things for awhile now, but my heart has always been in animation. I find it hard to meet up with animators though. What I'd really like is to be able to build a strong reel of sound I've done for animation that can help me go after jobs when I see them. I would also like to build connections and working relationships with animators, people I can collaborate with.
If anyone out there has animation shorts, etc... sitting around that they would like to have sound on, or any pending projects, I'm interesting in working for just the experience.
I want to make it clear that I am not a full service post facility. I have about 200 gigs of sound effects, the ability to record wild, and possibly I can find a location to do some studio recording, but I don't have my own facility and I do not specialize in foley. If you need full service audio there's someone who's been posting in the Business section of the forum (who does specialize in foley) and I have no intention of taking paying jobs from someone just because I'm trying to bone up on my skills. Really, I'm looking for some things to sharpen/show off my skills and for people to collaborate with.
Let me know if anyone's interested. My resume and reels are at:
http://web.mac.com/sunnybasham/iWeb/Resume&Reel/

Thanks,
Sunny

Animated Short

Hi Sunny,

I'm not sure if this is what you are interested in, but I'm currently working on a 22 minute animated short. The script is done, and I'm currently auditioning VO talent and working on character design. I'm new to this, this will be my first short, so I'm approaching it as a learning experience. I'm using voices.com to get VO talent, and they are sending me audio files to use for the short. If you would be interested in reading the script let me know. And because I'm new to this, the animation I'm guessing isn't going to be stellar (hopefully for the second episode it will be much better). Again, not sure if this is really what you looking for, if not my apologies.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Sunny,

I am currently working in a short film, it's around 1.5 minutes long and I will need a sound editor/designer once i am done shooting. That will happen in around 2 months.
I am in New York, where are you located??
Thank you!
Esther.

www.claymaniak.com

CLAYMANIAK

shame...i desperately need a foley artist for my film

wizz over to the show and tell forum and take a look at the 'a dogs life...' thread and see if it is something you want to help on

www.EvilAsSin.com
for more movies and downloads

the fastest polygon in the west!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

I don't have a studio and materials designated for foley, nor am I specifically trained to record sounds along to picture, but I am a very good sound effects editor and have a ton of resources, so even if I don't feel I can say that I do foley, I'm willing to give anything a shot and you might be suprised.

Victorthroe- Your project looks great, I'd love to take a crack at it.

I've responded via e-mail to bob and esther, if that wasn't a good way to reach you then please feel free to private message or e-mail me. Thanks.

Sunny