Search form

widescreen and cintiq dual monitor setup

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
widescreen and cintiq dual monitor setup

hi
I've discovered that you can use your cintiq in a dual monitor setup, and I'm currently buying a new monitor, as I can't afford a cintiq yet
I have a choice to get a widescreen or a regular monitor, and I'm wondering how a widescreen would work in a dual monitor setup. Would I just get more space? Or would is stretch the image, seeing as there is more horizontal space between the two monitors? Or would it just add black bars to the side of the widescreen monitor so that it essentially has normal dimensions? Also, do I need a dual monitor video card to use a cintiq?
Thanks for the help

I have a Dell 2405 widescreen split between two dual monitor setups (via multiple inputs on the monitor).

Setup 1: the 2405 is a secondary monitor hooked up to an Inspiron notebook through a VGA output. Both the 2405 and the laptop screen are set to a resolution of 1900x1200 and the desktop extends across both.

Setup 2: 2405 is the primary monitor hooked into an NVidia 7900 GS (dual dvi). The secondary monitor here is an old 17" CRT. The 2405 is still set at 1900x1200, but the CRT is running 1024x768. Desktop extends across both.

Neither setup shows any distortion of image or loss of space (black bars).

I'm not sure what the input on a Cintiq is, but if it's a single DVI then you'll just need a card that has dual DVI to run two digital monitors.

I've been nothing but thrilled with the 2405. The extra space is real nice.

Hope there's something useful here. Good luck.

thanks, that helps