I saw this posting on another board and thought it would find a receptive audience here.
Please don't reply to ME, but to the e-mail address provided below.
This is a cross-post from another board.
Job Op: DreamWorks Animation Hiring Technical Director (redwood city)
posted on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 am (PST)
The Technical Director floats between projects and provides support
wherever needed throughout the production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides support and development of tools and procedures, which
extend and enhance the pipeline.
· Assists animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues
may include problems with: fur, clothing, particle effects,
animation, and rendering.
· Supports and works with multiple departments, which include:
Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
· Ensures software development follows studio policies and
· Works closely with other Technical Directors, Production
Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain
and further a world-class
· Will assist in training and mentoring of other Technical Directors
as required and appropriate.
· Attend weekly meetings as determined by a Department TD Supervisor
or Head of Global Pipeline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Prior production experience. Experience as an artist who produces
· Prior experience with tool integration into existing or new
· Experience with Maya, Mel, and the Maya API.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a
group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
· Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
· Ability to program in Perl. Ability and willingness to utilize pre-
established libraries and modules for code consistency.
· "Customer first" mentality and willingness to provide direct
support to individuals.
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science plus 1-2 years work
- OR -
· Master's degree in Computer Science
For immediate consideration:
1.Please paste/copy resume into the body of an email, with the
subject line of "Technical Director" and send to email@example.com.
**Due to virus concerns we do not accept attachments.
2. Specify location of preference.
Visit us at: www.dreamworksanimation.com
NOTE: This is a technical support role requiring programming skills.
Shot work is not a part of this opportunity.
Location: Glendale, CA or Redwood City, CA