Search form

420 Anniversary Draw

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
420 Anniversary Draw

As some of you may know, April 20th is also known as 420 in some circles [420 on Wikipedia]. It turns out that 420 this year marks the 30th anniversary of the origins of 420. On April 20 [4-20] 1977 the government Copyright Office issued an official Copyright Certificate to me for my 'Captain Cannabis' character, making it the earliest documented and verifiable correlation between 420 [April 20] and the culture.

Since Captain Cannabis is Hal Lighter's alter ego, April 20 2007 is also Hal's 30th birthday. To celebrate, Hal told me, "Dude, you just gotta do something, like throw a party. I mean, this is serious 420 time!" I'd love to throw a huge 420 party and invite the whole world, but I've decided on something a bit more modest but just as cool.

I'm giving away a 420 birthday pack, containing 1-420 signed and numbered Artist Proof, 1-regular edition 420 comic book and 1-420 DVD to one lucky individual. All you have to do to be qualified for the draw is to sign up for my [free] newsletter, the 420 Buzz at www.okee.com or www.captaincannabis.com. If you are already signed up, you're already in the draw. The lucky winner will be contacted via email.

Verne Andru's picture
Home Page :: VerneAndru.com Project Page :: oKee.com Home of "420"

Home Page :: VerneAndru.com
Project Page :: oKee.com Home of "420"

420 30th Birthday Present Draw –

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. To recap, April 20, 2007 marks the 30th anniversary of the origins of Captain Cannabis – the hero of the 420 movie/comic book. To celebrate we're giving away a 420 birthday present containing:

1-420 signed and numbered Artist Proof
1-regular edition 420 comic book
1-420 DVD

The draw was held at the Vancouver Comicon on Sunday, April 22 2007. The lovely Michelle did the honours of pulling the winning email. We’re pleased to announce that Tim H. from Santarosa California, USA is the lucky dude. Congratulations Tim! You're 420 prize pack will be in the post to you shortly.

If you didn’t win this time, don’t fret. The contest was such a smashing success that we’ll probably be making it an annual event.

Home Page :: VerneAndru.com
Project Page :: oKee.com Home of "420"