Search form

Working at Aardman?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Working at Aardman?

Hello, this is my first post. After 3 amazing trips to the UK and Ireland, my partner and I would love to spend some more time there.
I know that Aardman just announced a feature deal with Sony.
Does anyone have any words on working there-environment; level of organization; wages?
I have worked in animation for the past 4 years (1 in character fabrication and 3 in wardrobe). I do have considerable experience, but know no one who has worked at Aardman specifically. Does moving to the UK for a few years mean I should expect a pay decrease or increase? Yes, to be honest, at this point in my life, salary does matter! Thanks for any guidance.

Yes, I am starting some research into the cost of living so that I can properly assess and compare. I've also heard that Bristol's a great place and for some reason, that is the area of England I seem most drawn to. My husband was born in the UK and has always wanted to come back, but I needed to look into job possibilities first! He is more ahead in the game and more easily employable than I as an editor and VFX compositor. By the way, I am in Toronto right now.
Thank you both, and I 'd love to hear more if anyone else has two cents in their pockets! Cheers.

Can't say what real wage changes you might expect - just ask them when you apply, as well as general cost of living in that area.
I can say that the atmosphere there is good to great, as reported from colleagues I know who have worked there.

Never heard any bad things about Aardman, and Bristol's a great City.

Where are you moving from? Unless it's Scandinavia I'd have thought most people could expect to be paid more in the UK because the cost of living is so high.