Search form

Maya, CATIA or AutoCad

1 post / 0 new
Maya, CATIA or AutoCad

Hey There,

I'm wondering if someone can help me find the right software to help me design a car. I'm not sure about the potential of the products and am hoping someone can help me out. How is Maya different from AutoCad, CATIA and all the other car design software packages?? I've noticed there are many options to choose from.

AutoDesk seems to have a good understanding and variety of software to choose from. Maya may have more capabilities but there may be more specific software oriented to car design. Maya seems to be a general software and not specific to anything. I'm not sure about animating on AutoCad and CATIA but I know Maya can do it. I can probably create the car and the weapons on any software but I may not have the animation capabilities on the other softwares like Maya has. Also, I would like to find something that can let me design or redesign more than cars, maybe military vehicles.

It looks like Maya can cost from $1200-$2000. How much does AutoCad or CATIA cost?? Is there a benefit to buying one over the other?? If I can buy the other softwares for a few hundred dollars why should I buy Maya??