Search form

oxbury animation discs to acme

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
oxbury animation discs to acme

i have just been given an animation disc...really nice and weighty but it uses the oxbury registration pegs and i want to put acme pegs in

does anyone know where i can get the parts or a supplier of new bars

victorthroe's picture
www.EvilAsSin.com for more movies and downloads the fastest polygon in the west! YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

www.EvilAsSin.com
for more movies and downloads

the fastest polygon in the west!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

Try Cartoon Colour. If they can't help they may at least know someone who can.

thanks

i hope so...itd be a shame to waste the disc

www.EvilAsSin.com

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

Alan Gordon Enterprises sells a set of brass Acme Animation pegs ($14.50) that you should be able to use to adapt your Oxberry disc to Acme standard.

Contact Alan Gordon to be sure , but if memory serves , these pegs screw in to the peg bar from the underside of the bar , so it's just a matter of unscrewing the Oxberry pegs and replacing them with the Acme pegs.

Another option may be to remove the Oxberry pegs , then tape down one of the thin metal peg bars available from Cartoon Colour or the better ones available from Mechanical Concepts . (Mechanical Concepts doesn't have a website , but I expect Alan Gordon Enterprises could put you in touch with them since they sell some of Mechanical Concepts products , or at least they used to. The type of tape-down peg bar I'm talking about is made of very thin metal (like a flexible metal ruler) , with Acme pegs soldered or screwed on . Your can tape down these bars on the surface of a flatbed scanner or on a plexiglass disc for animating . You should also be able to tape one down on the existing peg bar of your Oxberry disc if you remove the Oxberry pegs. (second image attached shows a Mechanical Concepts tape-down peg bar on a plexiglass disc)

"EustaceScrubb" has left the building

you tha man

i hope it works, oxbury screw from the top

might be able to buy a new sliding bar

www.EvilAsSin.com

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!