Search form

I want to buy Mirage, but...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want to buy Mirage, but...

Hi there!

You know, I want to buy the Marage software. But in the Bauhaus website doesn't appear the entire requirements. Do you know if Mirage would run in my old 1 GHz Power Mac G4? It is OK with the memory, but the CPU speed... :confused:

Hi Natchan,
Mirage was developed by TVPaint Developpement and distributed by Bauhaus Software and TVPaint Developpement.
Now TVPaint has ended the license agreement which was granted to Bauhaus and unfortunately the development was stopped one year ago. This story makes a lot of users confused as you can see on this other topic.

TVPaint has released 2 software based on a similar but improved technology : TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro.

Please note that we just want you to inform you.
On a more positive way, I'm going to answer your question of course. TVP Animation (Pro) works on your hardware. The render speed of the effect depends on the CPU speed.

TVP or Mirage

whatever it is - get it!!! Its the best 2D animation software around and it should run (a bit slow) on your system.

http://www.royiddan.carbonmade.com

Thank you RoyPaul for your great comments about our technology! :o

I ran Mirage on my old 450 Mhz G4 and it ran fine. The only time I think you might run into trouble is if you get into heavy duty compositing and even then I think you'd have to use a few FX Keyframes to bog down the system. As long as you're good on RAM you should be okay.

For what it's worth, I have Mirage, not TVPaint, and I've been very pleased with both the product and the support.

Thank you

Wow! Thank you very much to all of you guys!!!! You really help me to do the best choise. :D