Search form

Aiptek HyperPen 12000U Graphical Tablet

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

I was thinking of getting this...

what do you think?

Well, I own a Wacom Intuos 3 (A5, 160 x 210 mm, or 6 x 8 inch) tablet and that is pretty big. I heard of people who bought the much larger version (A3, 300 x 450 mm, or 12 x 18) and had all kinds of wrist problems (from over reaching and such). And yet other people had no problems with it. I guess it depends on what kind of draftsman your are. If you like to draw big and like to stand while you're drawing, a bigger tablet would be preferable. If you're like me and draw sitting at a desk, 6 x 8 inch is plenty big enough. The 9 x 12 inch active area of the Aiptek HyperPen 12000U is probably too big for me.

I guess your screen proportions (normal or wide screen) also determines what kind of tablet would be best. For wide screens you'll need somewhat bigger tablets, or better, wide screen tablets (if you can afford those).

The reviews on the Aiptek HyperPen 12000U are somewhat mixed on both Amazon.com and Epinions.com, though few in number in both cases. I'm not too fond about that AAA battery, because one usually doesn't have any spare ones around when it's flat empty, and I like my input devices (stylus, mouse) to be as lightweight as possible.

My 2 cents.

I guess your screen proportions (normal or wide screen) also determines what kind of tablet would be best. For wide screens you'll need somewhat bigger tablets, or better, wide screen tablets (if you can afford those).

Or you could set the tablet to mouse mode, and then size and aspect is largely irrelevant.