Search form

is there a high quality version of something like Youtube?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
is there a high quality version of something like Youtube?

i was looking for a high quality video upload or hosting service where i could put my demo reel and embed it into our home page.

anyone any ideas?

If you already have the home page, why don't you just embed a Quicktime file into it? Or use the Flash Video encoder if you want to have the same look/feel as YouTube, only use higher settings for quality.

If you already have the home page, why don't you just embed a Quicktime file into it? Or use the Flash Video encoder if you want to have the same look/feel as YouTube, only use higher settings for quality.

Also do two sizes, like a thumb nail. That is my two cents.

i dont want to do that coz thtll send my hosting up quite a bit. which is why i wanted to use something third party embeddable.

How much high quality you need? you looking for free services only?

This is a high quality video on youtube, u need similar quality?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjftSv3zq1w

How much high quality you need? you looking for free services only?

This is a high quality video on youtube, u need similar quality?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjftSv3zq1w

thats superb quality. exactly what i want....

how ya think?

I dont konw how it was uploaded, but when i searched for high quality video I found that..so I think it's possible to have high quality vids on youtube itself..

Have you tried uploading there or are you going by the looks of most of the videos? Last time I was helping my sister get stuff on there the limitations were by minutes OR file size. If it's a shorter file, perhaps that gives you room to spend those leftover meg on quality.

Last time I was helping my sister get stuff on there the limitations were by minutes OR file size.

If sign up for a Director Account (which I happen to have) you can have unlimited file sizes and minutes.

James :cool:

tho ironically the dingleberries at 'tube WILL NOT answer why they will not accept flashmovies as an acceptable upload file while they compress/alter everything for a flash player.

DUMB-ASSES.

and yes, I have e-mailed them about this THREE times and they never answer, just send a link to "currently accepted file types".

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.

this is the name i punch into the youtube directors thing

then i get to this part after filling everything in

i punch in the name Skinny Lizard yet it keeps telling me that i need to put my name in. and shows an error.

what am i doing wrong?

i wrote to them but they responded to something else all together...

Well, they may have some code that sniffs for pseudonyms, and it looks like you've left a required field blank. Beyond that, who knows...

Psuedonyms? I always thought Skinny was short for Skintholomew.

nope it always says name needs to be entered.

and skinny is short for ill open a can o whupass

i dont want to do that coz thtll send my hosting up quite a bit. which is why i wanted to use something third party embeddable.

Ahh. I get it.

Who's your host? Places like midPhase and 1&1 have very cheap deals with good support and tech service and it's almost ridiculous the storage and bandwidth that come with them.

Then again I don't know what sort of traffic you intend to pull.

I was looking for a high quality video upload or hosting service where i could put my demo reel and embed it into our home page.

anyone any ideas?

Revver.com lets up upload and playback videos in Quicktime .mov format instead of just .flv .

http://one.revver.com/

"EustaceScrubb" has left the building