Search form

How to create this shot

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to create this shot

hi,

i was wondering how one would go about creating a shot akin to this one from the Powerpuff girls movie. in essence a seamless zoomout.

is there a compositing trick or they make one superhumongous layout? for the mayoral mansion and then composite the buildings in a separate one?
Please view the screenshots here

It looks to me like a case of layers being controlled independent of the background. So their background my be in two or three pieces and the move the character layer back while moving the the background layer forward. This is my two cents.

If you are using Flash, you may want to give this camera component a try.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2004/08/17/flashhacks.html?page=last&x-order=date

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Wontobe,

thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. i discussed it with my prod head and he said that its two opp camera movements + associated layers + alpha reduction of elements.

Phacker,

i have seen that camera as well as another one but does it bring anything to the game that we CANT do anyway?

No not really. It just makes it a little easier for folks that are new to Fash, and haven't already developed work arounds for Flash's lack of camera.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

what wontobe said sounds right to me--this could probably be down in ae or, even toon boom, with the multiplane camera. at least it looks that way, to me.